Craving the golden crunch of fish and chips but staying in for dinner tonight? Elevate this classic British comfort food with Gousto’s easy scampi and chips recipe. This meal kit provides a clever shortcut to fish and chip shop flavours using juicy prawn scampi baked to perfection.
Forget heading down to the local chippy when you can enjoy this posh version in the comfort of your own kitchen. Gousto’s scampi and chips recipe transforms humble ingredients into a mouthwatering meal the entire family will love. The included steps and handy tips make preparing the dish simple, even for busy weeknights. Crispy panko breadcrumbs add an irresistible crunch to the tender prawn scampi. Served alongside fluffy, twice-cooked chips and minty mushy peas, this recipe mimics the irresistible flavours of traditional fish and chips.
So skip the takeaway and bring the chip shop home tonight with Gousto’s easy yet elegant scampi and chips recipe. To get you started, here’s everything you need to know, from ingredients and cooking instructions to insider tips and more!
Ingredients for Gousto’s Posh Scampi and Chips Recipe
The ingredients are split into two sections – the main ingredients included in the Gousto meal kit and the additional pantry items you’ll need to supply.
The main kit of this scampi and chips recipe contains fresh ingredients like eggs, prawns, capers, mint, breadcrumbs, green beans, shallots, potatoes, lemons, and mayonnaise. These are pre-portioned for the number of servings you select.
The pantry items, marked with a + sign, are staples you’ll likely already have on hand, like butter, flour, pepper, salt, and vegetable oil. The + indicates you don’t need to purchase those items – just pull them from your kitchen. Having these basics in your pantry ensures you can complete the Posh Prawn Scampi and Chips recipe successfully.
The + sign helps differentiate what’s included versus what you need to prepare when looking at the ingredient list. Now, let’s have a look at all the ingredients you’ll need to whip up this delicious scampi and chips recipe based on different serving proportions!
|Ingredient||For 2||For 3||For 4|
|British free-range eggs +||1||1 1/2||2|
|Raw peeled king prawns +||180g||270g||360g|
|Spicy cayenne pepper||1/2 tsp||3/4 tsp||1 tsp|
|Panko breadcrumbs +||60g||90g||120g|
|Fine green beans||120g||180g||240g|
|Mayonnaise sachets +||2 (52ml)||3 (78ml)||4 (104ml)|
Step-by-Step Instructions for Gousto’s Posh Scampi and Chips Recipe
For 2 [for 3] [for 4] portions
Prepare the Chips
- Heat the oven to 220°C (200°C for fan ovens, 425°F, Gas 7) and boil some water.
- Slice the potatoes into chunky chips with the skins still on.
- Exchange them to a heating plate that has been lightly oiled. After that, sprinkle it with vegetable oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the plate in the oven and heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until it becomes golden.
Make the Tartare Sauce
- Peel and cut the shallot into tiny pieces.
- Chop the capers finely and cut the lemon in half.
- Add one or two tablespoons of lemon juice in a little bowl at the side of the chopped shallot, capers, and mayonnaise.
- To get ready the tartare sauce, combine all the fixings.
Cook the Green Beans
- Roughly chop the green beans.
- Drop them into a salted pot of water. Cook for three to four minutes or until they are slightly firm but still soft.
- Once they are cooked, deplete the hot water and wash them in cold water. The pot can be utilised again later, so feel free to set it aside.
Bread the Prawns
- Combine the panko breadcrumbs and a little sum of cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
- Add a little squeeze of salt and mix together.
- Crack the egg(s) and put them in a small bowl.
- On another plate, put 3 tbsp [6 tbsp] of flour. Roll each prawn in the flour (shake off any extra), dip them in the beaten egg, and toss them in the bowl of panko, making sure they’re all coated.
Cook the Shallots
- Now, let’s cook the shallots. Take the mint leaves off their stems and set them aside.
- Slice the remaining shallot really thin.
- Replace the pot’s medium heat setting and add a knob of butter.
- Once heated through, add the sliced shallot and cook over medium-low heat until softened for about 4 minutes.
Fry the Scampi
- Meanwhile, warm 3 tablespoons [6 tablespoons] of vegetable oil in a large, wide container (non-stick works awesome) over medium-high heat.
- When it’s hot, add the breaded prawns and cook for one to two minutes on each side or until they are cooked through.
Finish the Dish
- Add the chopped green beans to the shallots.
- Rip the mint leaves and them into the pan and season with a pinch of salt.
- Cook for 1-2 min or until warmed through – these are your minted beans.
- Cut the remaining lemon into wedges.
- Serve the prawn scampi with the chips and minted beans on the side.
- Top it off with a lemon slice, and place your tartare sauce in a bowl for dipping!
Gousto’s Posh Prawn Scampi and Chips kit puts a gourmet spin on the classic fish and chips you know and love. This meal solution provides pre-portioned fresh ingredients like juicy prawns, crunchy breadcrumbs, and vibrant mint to transform your weeknight dinner into a virtual trip to the chippy. Simply follow the easy instructions on the included recipe card to bake up golden scampi and fluffy twice-cooked chips.
While this kit streamlines the shopping and prep, small touches like flavouring the panko crumbs and making tartare sauce and minted peas from scratch elevate the homestyle dish into something special. You can even cook scampi and chips in an air fryer or go for actifry scampi and chips. So skip the takeaway queue and bring the chip shop flavours home with ease using Gousto’s scampi and chips meal kit. Your tastebuds will thank you for this posh yet comforting culinary adventure. For more such updates, visit Nowandlive.