Amsterdam is famous for its art scene. You would also be mesmerized by its canals, rivers, art galleries, and its somewhat overwhelming number of cafes. Each area of Amsterdam is different and provides you with a variety of options. In this blog Nowandlive will help you look at the various areas and how you can book Amsterdam hotels.
Factors to consider when choosing Amsterdam hotels
- On your first trip, you can stay at Jordaan or Nine Street. This is the charming heart of central Amsterdam, where you’ll find canal houses, lots of great places to eat and drink, and the famous Anne Frank House. Both neighborhoods, located next to each other, are central and beautiful, which is why they are the best places to look for Amsterdam hotels.
- For something more trendy and fashionable, check out De Pijp. This probably is the coolest part of Amsterdam and foodies and hipsters will love this part of the city. It is a little further from the center, but only 15 minutes walk or 10 minutes by public transport from the center. Plus, you’re just a few blocks from the Albert Cuyp Market and the Heineken Experience. You are also just a few minutes from the Rijksmuseum and Vondelpark, which is a great place to explore.
- If you are on a budget or looking for an apartment, stay in Westerpark. This area west of Amsterdam’s main tourist center is a little further away and therefore a little cheaper. There are some great aparthotels (hotel-style buildings with apartment-style rooms) in this part of Amsterdam. So if you are looking for an apartment in Amsterdam, this might be your best choice.
2. Room sizes and amenities
Look for cost saving amenities while booking Amsterdam hotels. You can check if they offer complimentary breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and other cost-saving features that can help you stretch your budget further into more adventurous things. It is also important to check in advance to see what the size of the room that you are booking is. Cheaper ones often have smaller rooms in comparison to their expensive hotels.
3. Hotel ratings and reviews
It is absolutely crucial to know what others think of Amsterdam hotels that you are looking for. Check the ratings and reviews of the hotels on trusted websites to guarantee a good and safe experience.
Top Amsterdam hotels for your next big vacation
1. Hotel De Hallen, Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands
This boutique hotel lies in the vibrant Oud-West district in a former tram depot. The guests are greeted by a welcoming mix of art and culture. The comfortable urban-vintage rooms offer a vacation experience that will be fondly remembered by all. The hotel has public areas for the community to chill and relax- a bar, cozy lounges, sun terrace etc. The Remise47 restaurant at the scene offers international cuisine and French delicacies in the backdrop of beautiful modern art. De Hallen complex also has a beautiful art house cinema, craft markets and local street food for all to discover and relish. You can also explore the original shops of the trendy Oud-West district and relax in the nearby Vondelpark which is the largest green space in Amsterdam.
2. NinetyNine Hotel Amsterdam Airport, Hoofddorp, Haarlemmermeer, North Holland, Netherlands
This hotel is in the metropolis Amsterdam that offers a very refreshing escape. The hotel is just a short drive from the airport which makes it a very convenient stay. The hotel has a very playful and fun jungle-themed design that displays beautiful greenery with parrots, toucans, and monkeys motifs all over the hotel. The hotel has facilities such as a bowl bar, lobby lounge, terrace, rental electric bikes. Wi-Fi, etc. You can start your day with salads and bowls customized for you at the bowl bar or get a drink at the bar.
3. Van der Valk Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, Hoofddorp, Netherlands
The modern city hotel is conveniently located halfway between Amsterdam and The Hague and in the immediate vicinity of Amsterdam Dos. The hotel provides you with many fitness experiences in a spacious area which makes your training more fun than ever. The hotel provides you with a breakfast buffet with meals such as fish, grilled meat or a vegan alternative. You can also relax on the heated seats on lounge chairs and relax your muscles. The hotel also features smart e-charging stations.
4. Hotel van de Vijsel, Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands
This 4-star boutique hotel has a beautiful history to it. Its roots trace back to a family business of timber trade, the rich heritage of which is still preserved in this hotel. The hotel boasts beautiful and extravagant rooms with loads of wood work that adds a minimalist look to the hotel and creates a warm and comfortable ambiance. The hotel provides other amenities such as a breakfast room, 24-hour reception, WiFi, etc.
Amsterdam is indeed a beautiful place that has so much to offer to everyone visiting there. You will face absolutely no issue in finding great Amsterdam hotels if you know where to look for the best price and deals. Check out one of the hotels that Nowandlive have suggested and be sure that you will not leave disappointed. Each of these Amsterdam hotels have something truly extraordinary about them. Head over to Secret Escapes and find your perfect Amsterdam Escape today!