Looking to up your YouTube video quality without breaking the bank? We totally get the struggle. Dropping tons of cash on a camera can be tough when you’re just starting out creating videos or vlogs. The good news? There are plenty of affordable, second hand cameras that still shoot great footage.
In this blog, we’ll discuss the best cameras for getting professional-looking videos on a budget —whether you find them at a thrift shop, MPB, your neighbourhood Buy Nothing group or garage sales Whether you’re a hobbyist capturing memories or a professional seeking budget-friendly alternatives, exploring the world of second hand cameras can be a game-changer. Get ready to seriously level up with second hand cameras from MPB!
Second Hand Camera Secrets: Tips from Professional Photographers
Entering the realm of second hand cameras opens doors to hidden treasures, but the journey demands a seasoned eye. Here’s guidance from pros to navigate the used market and find your perfect photography ally:
- Define your needs: Match your style and shooting preferences to camera features for a tailored choice.
- Look beyond pixels: Consider sensor size, lens compatibility, and build quality for enduring value.
- Research deeply: Explore reviews, forums, and sample images to decode each model’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Glass matters: Invest in reputable lenses that elevate a basic camera to new heights.
- Versatility wins: Seek brands offering versatile focal lengths to cover diverse shooting scenarios.
- Patience pays off: Best deals come to those who search persistently; and expand beyond popular platforms.
- Unusual spots hold gems: Scout local stores, pawn shops, and classifieds for hidden treasures at lower prices.
- Negotiation is okay: Politely discuss prices, especially for cameras with minor blemishes or wear.
- Test rigorously: Check every function, from the shutter release to the lens focus, before sealing the deal.
- Bring an expert: A knowledgeable companion can spot nuances and offer valuable insights.
- Inspect meticulously: Dust on the sensor or lens, and unusual sounds can hint at issues; pay close attention.
- Start modestly: Beginners should ease in with user-friendly models before diving into advanced gear.
- Vintage charm: Vintage cameras offer unique appeal and history, often at a fraction of modern costs.
- Expand thoughtfully: Begin with essentials like the camera and a reliable lens, then add accessories gradually.
- Learn and grow: Enrol in photography courses or workshops to unleash your camera’s full potential.
Remember, the second-hand market holds treasures with patience and knowledge. With these insights, you’ll find one of the best second hand cameras to capture your visual stories.
Second Hand Cameras for Every Budget and Skill Level
1. Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II
The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II mirrorless camera delivers pro-level features in a portable, lightweight body perfect for travel and everyday shooting. Its 16MP Live MOS sensor works with the advanced 5-axis in-body image stabilisation to produce sharp, blur-free images and crisp 4K video. An interactive OLED viewfinder and tilting rear touchscreen provide flexible composing options. With 8.5 fps burst shooting, Wi-Fi connectivity, an array of artistic filters, and over 60 compatible lenses, the Mark II packs versatility into an ergonomic retro design at an affordable pre-owned price point.
2. Canon EOS R10’
As Canon’s pocket-sized mirrorless camera, the EOS R10 couples a fast 24MP APS-C sensor with speedy shooting up to 15 fps. Its Dual Pixel AF quickly tracks subjects while the 4K video records smoothly thanks to enhanced stabilisation. With a swivelling touchscreen and transparent OLED viewfinder providing flexible viewing angles, the R10′ excels at vlogging and content creation. Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi allow wireless transfers and remote control via the Canon app. And over 40 interchangeable Canon lenses open creative possibilities – an excellent value for a feature-packed used Canon mirrorless camera.
3. Fujifilm X-T20
The Fujifilm X-T20 mirrorless camera blends classic design and cutting-edge performance for stunning stills and 4K video recording. Its 24MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS III sensor captures images with incredible sharpness, colour accuracy, and low noise at ISOs up to 51200, assisted by fast on-sensor autofocus. An articulating touchscreen complements the 2.36M-dot OLED viewfinder. With film simulation modes, an extended ISO dial, and over 50 interchangeable Fujinon lenses available, the retro X-T20 feels tailor-made for photography enthusiasts seeking premium results from a pre-owned camera body.
4. Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
Combining sleek styling and an innovative sensor-shift image stabilisation system, the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 mirrorless Micro Four Thirds camera delivers sharp, artistic photos and 1080p videos. Its 16MP Live MOS sensor works with the fast Light Speed contrast AF system to instantly capture fleeting moments. An interactive tilting electronic viewfinder allows flexible composition while built-in Wi-Fi quickly transfers shots for sharing. With access to over 80 compact MFT lenses, creative filters, and lightweight durable construction, the competitively priced pre-owned GX7 packs versatility into an ergonomic interchangeable lens camera option.
5. Nikon D5300
A feature-rich entry in Nikon’s popular mid-range DSLR line-up, the D5300 offers outstanding 24MP image quality bolstered by seamless EXPEED 4 processing. Amateur photographers will appreciate the intuitive controls and clear optics of the adjustable 3.2” LCD and eye-level pentamirror viewfinder when capturing stills or Full 1080p video. Built-in Wi-Fi allows on-the-go sharing while the XP-CMOS sensor provides exquisite low light performance up to ISO 25600. Coupled with Nikon’s extensive F-mount lens system, the value-driven D5300 empowers content creators to pursue their creative vision.
Scoring a secondhand deal on a quality camera can be game-changing for any aspiring YouTuber! You don’t have to resign yourself to grainy webcam videos if money is tight. With so many barely-used models up for grabs, you can get advanced features like interchangeable lenses, 4K resolution, image stabilisation and more without paying full price.
By knowing which makes and models shoot fantastic affordable footage, you can transform your channel with cinematic vibes. So, are you ready to crush it on YouTube with second hand cameras from MPB? We sure think so!
For more such blogs on second hand camera shops, follow Nowandlive.