Crochet is an outfit that is becoming increasingly popular among people of all ages. In fact, some people prefer to wear crochet at parties and others wear it while walking on the ramp. If you love making your own clothes, making a crochet top is the best way to unleash your creativity. But like any adventure, Nowandlive will give you the right advice on how to choose the right yarn and crochet long sleeve tops that you will definitely love.
What materials are used to make crochet long sleeve tops?
To achieve a good fit in your crochet long sleeve top, you need to ensure that you are using just the right yarn. Anything that goes amiss in the yarn can result in ill-fitting tops. Choose one that has both stretch and memory, which means that even if the yarn is stretched, it will spring right back into place instead of going awry.
100% cotton yarns are great if you want a loose, relaxed look. Although cotton yarns are nice and light for summer, they have no spring-like quality about them. Once stretched, there’s no going back. The shape of the cap will never return to its original state. The best fitting crop top yarns are typically acrylic, cotton-acrylic blends, or cotton-merino blends.
Crochet long sleeve top hacks
Nowandlive has scoured the ends of the internet and brought to you some of the best crochet hacks that will make crocheting incredibly fun and easier.
- Use earrings that have lost their partners or paper clips as stitch markers. It looks cool and you save some money too!
- If you work with fabrics such as velvet that shed a lot, use a fur wizard to clean up the mess.
- Wrap up your yarn on a toilet paper roll so it doesn’t tangle easily and gives you a smoother roll.
- Start a skein from the inside instead of the outside and your yarn will not tangle easily.
How to style crochet long sleeve top
1. Casual bohemian look
Pair crochet tops with high-waisted denim shorts and go for a wavy hairstyle. Add a layered necklace and a wide-brimmed hat to the overall look, along with a pair of suede ankle boots for a crocheted boho look.
2. Beachy vibes
Wear a crochet top over your bikini for a casual beach look. Add a floppy sun hat with oversized glasses and cute flip-flops for a laidback look. Remember to apply sunscreen on your body and face before stepping out in the sun.
3. Chic look
Wear a high-waisted A-line maxi skirt with the crochet long-sleeve top and tuck the upper in. You can pair a statement belt with heeled sandals or wedges for a chic look. Crochet long-sleeve tops can be worn with beach waves or a messy bun that complements the vibe of the top. Keep your makeup natural for a summery and breezy feel.
List of best crochet long sleeves tops
1. Mind Soul Spirit crochet crop top
This Mindspirit crochet crop top is one of the bestsellers in the VICI. The top features a relaxed fit with drop shoulders that gives it a cool look. The fabric is made of 100% acrylic and is non-lined. The wide neckline with long sleeves gives it a stylish look.
2. Ramy crochet fringe hem cover-up top
This Ramy crochet top has a flattering boat neckline with a treble crocheted pattern that also features a tassel hem. You can also find tassels on the sleeves. The open knit crochet fabrication gives it a very cool and fitting look.
3. Zuma cotton crochet knit bell sleeve top
This Zuma cotton sleeve top has bell sleeves and a cropped fit. The V-neckline has front ties that give you a very feminine look. The crochet knit fabrication gives it a very rustic vibe. The lavender color further accentuates all your skin shades and looks very posh.
4. Crosby crochet long sleeve top
This Crosby long sleeve top has a square neckline and ribbed cuffs. The waist hem and neckline give the top a clean and finished look. The pink and white print gives you a very cute and feminine look.
5. Phylis crochet long sleeve button front top
This phylis crochet top has a slight stretch in the fabric that gives you a flattering fit. The collared V-neckline enhances your clavicles and the front button closures give you a comfortable fit. The long sleeves give you a flattering look.
How to care for your crochet long sleeve tops
- Fill the basin with cold water and add detergent. Mix it well so that the detergent is evenly distributed. Gently work the crochet long sleeve tops into the solution without rigging it. Gently squeeze the garment to force the soapy water into the fibers.
- Drain the soapy water and add fresh, cold water to rinse. Repeat this process until the water is clear and foam-free.
- Slowly lift the garment and gently wring it over the sink to remove excess water. Once most of the dripping has stopped, lift the garment from underneath with your hands and place it on a dry towel. Roll it in a towel and press firmly until the liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer the item to another dry bath towel on a flat surface large enough to hold the item. Always protect wooden surfaces with a vinyl tablecloth under a towel.
- Shape and adjust the object until it returns to its original shape. Avoid any pulling and tugging. For sweaters, gently press the ribs at the neckline, cuffs, and waist.Then button up all the buttons, fold the collar and hang out the arms to dry.
- Allow the crochet long sleeve tops to dry for 24 hours. If it is still wet, transfer it to a new towel, reshape it and let it rest for another 24 hours.
Crochet long sleeve tops are a great addition to your wardrobe. They are cool, light and breezy and give you a very stylish look. Plus, they are fun to make! If you do not know how to crochet, however, you can easily head over to VICI and check out the crochet long sleeve tops that Nowandlive recommend and rock the perfect crochet look!